Tuesday, November 23, 2004

10 days of bliss

It's been almost a month since my last entry. Let me recount all the events that happened during my entry absence.

An old schoolmate whom i've not heard from for at least 5 years, rang me up one night and invited me out for tea. It was almost 11pm that night, and i had just recovered from a bad flu and sore throat, but i couldn't resist the invitation. So i went. To my surprise, there were about 8 more other schoolmates there, and we had a blast catching up. I was shocked to know that 6 of them are married, and 3 of them are now parents! I can't see myself married at age 26, let alone being a parent! Nonetheless, congratulations to all of them, and best wishes!

Then it was the Deepavali and Raya break. It was the longest break i had ever since i started working 3 years ago - 10 days in totality. I spent 5 days in Krabi with my boyfriend and the other 4 days in Penang with my family.

Krabi is paradise. Within that paradise, we rock climbed and i ended up with bruises on my knees and elbows and my body was sore the day after. No special prize for guessing who had a good time teasing me about it. We kayaked and island hopped around the Andaman Sea, and only realised after dinner that we did all the kayaking without a life jacket on. We also went for a daily dose of massage. We had a foot massage, a face and head massage, shoulders and back massage, and of course the traditional thai massage. We also made friends along the way. The German gay couple is so good looking and i now have a south african friend. My first ever south african friend... he's not bad looking as well... but since he's straight, not as well-groomed as the germans. Hehehe.

1 day after Krabi, i went to Penang - my homeland. Although i grew up in KL and will get lost in Penang without my dad... i still want to call myself a Penangite.

I ate myself sick over there cause it's a food paradise. On a particular Friday, i had chee cheong fun for breakfast, hainanese chicken rice for lunch, assam laksa and lok lok during tea time, char kuih teow for dinner, mua che and ice kacang for supper. I needed ENO after that. I also weigh myself after that... the same figures appeared on the machine. Phew! My grandaunt made me a tupperware full of mua chee to enjoy here in KL. Yummmm....

I came back to work reality yesterday.

But i have the Xmas season to look forward to. Let's not forget the Hong Kong trip that i won as well. All i have to worry about now is the balance in my bank account.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home