Thursday, November 04, 2004

Lucky Draws

I've always been unlucky at lucky draws. On the few occasions that i did get lucky, somehow the prizes were pretty useless - for myself at least. Let me go through the number of times when i actually won something (yes. i can count with 1 hand.)

2 years ago at a company party, i won myself a blender. I was quite happy that time because my mom's trusted blender died on her a couple of weeks back, and i haven't got the time or money to get her a new one. So, i presented her a brand new blender the next morning. She's still using the blender.

Last year, also during a company party, i won myself a queen size duvet and a microwave. A queen size is useless to me as i only have a single bed. I made RM100 when i sold that duvet to a friend, and for the life of me, i didn't know what i did with the RM100. Most probably I used it to pay off a bit of my debt - like 1% of my debts. The microwave, is still sitting in the store room - waiting for someone's housewarming party.

And also sometime last year, i almost won myself a flat screen television. Yeah, the key word is ALMOST. I could have made RM20,000 easily with that flat screen television. How unfortunate!

Rolling into Year 2004. So far, i've not won anything. Not even a pathetic RM10 shopping voucher. When i was asked to participate in a magazine's 5th anniversary lucky draw contest, i wasn't too bothered by it, but i participated anyway.

My lucky stars must have been working really hard for the past few weeks because i received a call yesterday, telling me that i've actually won the grand prize - a trip to Hong Kong! As i know the person on the other line, i told him to shut up. Poor soul, his boss had to call me and send me an email to break the good news to me.

Yoo-hoo!! I'm extreamly happy and will start planning my trip soon. Hong Kong - here i come! Shopping, shopping and more shopping! Retail therapy, just want i need.

But before that, let me apologize to that poor soul.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home