Wednesday, July 13, 2005

No pain no gain??

Until recently, the most pricey thing that i've ever bought so far was a digital camera. And what may have surpassed this?

The answer is a gym membership PLUS 12 hours of training under a watchful eye of a personal trainer. Actually the gym membership wasn't that expensive, the killer was actually hiring a personal trainer. I still haven't got the faintest idea why i did that. It wasn't like i had a lot of money to dispose of! In fact, i did all these while i was still jobless!

Anyway, i had my 1st training session with my trainer yesterday. His name is Subash and he stays in Puchong. That's all i know for now. So we did weights yesterday because i need to increase my endurance and strength. "Nothing too major, will just keep things light & easy", so he says. So why on earth did i wake up this morning with aching arms and abs?!?! Actually i know the answer. It was difficult to be in denial because at one point Subash declared "gosh... your abs and triceps are so weak"! I was like... errrr... thanks for noticing, but do you have to say it out loud?!?! Geez!!

To make matter worse... i'm such a klutz and hopeless when it comes to group classes. I joined a spinning class last week and the next day i had a sore bum. Last weekend i tried power step and it was crap because i was lost half the time and they make it seems so easy on television. I also tried the MTV Dance class last week and i felt like a robot. This is nothing like your weekend partying! The only class that i can perform really well is body combat. I suppose the only reason that i can follow the momentum and coordination is because i spent 12 years of my life practicing martial arts. Body combat is just like martial arts... but it includes the sports elements and music.

I think my muscles deserved some R&R. I'll not be stepping into the gym until probably Sunday. Until then... it's back to lepaking in Starbucks!



1 Comments:

Blogger Neo60 said...

hehehehehehhe....i "warned" you about spinning class. ahhh....my dear cousin, or ahem, aunty. it looks like age has caught up with you too. lol. i shouldn't laugh but i can't help myself. well, maybe after a few more classes, you will feel a lot better. cheer up. it ain't that bad.

2:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home