Friday, July 08, 2005

A different perspective... 5 months later...

I had an interesting conversation with a mate in Australia this morning. Our conversation goes something like this:

Friend : getting married soon?
Me : who the heck wanna marry me?? u know my 6 year r/ship has ended, don't you?
Friend : i didn't know that he ended it.... after all these years?
Me : after 6 freaking years and no reason was given. geez... still trying to really get over it
Friend : u will never forget. just learn to let go.
Me : yeah... i was hoping we'll get back but now i just let it go
Friend : hoping to get back is the worst. just let go, mate.
Me : i'm better now... letting it go... a bit painful.. but i'll be alrite but somedays when i'm down... i can't help but hope he was still there
Friend : the pain will be there forever ok? it just lessens over time. but the pain will always be there. well, the wrong thing to do is to rush into another relationship. better be frank than to pretend to empathise with you.

blah... blah... blah... we went on to talk about something else... and then the conversation steered back to my relationship...

Friend : BTW, I knew you and Leo would not last. You were just putting in so much
Me : why do you think that?
Friend : ...and he wasn't.
Me : u could see it ?? but then why waited til 6 years????
Friend : ppl always ask me that and i always say - when you've been a damn teacher/lecturer and handled 8,500 students; you know.....



The conversation has actually made me think about things again... but in a good sort of way because it has provided me a differenct kinda perspective.... although it is 5 months late... but it's better late than never.




1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I TOLD YOU SO!!

;-)

"This to, shall pass..." - a wise man once said.

So, any plans to go speed dating with me soon?

2:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home