Friday, May 04, 2007

an interesting conversation

awhile ago during dinner, my brother decided to have a chat with me on my social life, or more precisely, the non-existence of it. the conversation went something like this:

koko: so, what you doing with your life?

me: just living it… chilling, doing my own thing.

koko: what do you mean ‘chilling’? frankly speaking, i expected more from you, ah girl. where are you heading in your life? have you thought about relationships and settling down in the future?

me: no. i’m not thinking about any relationships because i’m just not bothered about it. i don’t want to think about it. i’m happy with my life now - working, running, traveling.

koko: you’re not thinking about your life because you are running away from your problems, you’re living in denial.

me: huh???!!! living in denial? but i truly am happy. can i just have dinner, please?

koko: ok lar… but think about what i’m saying here. you’re not getting any younger.

the weekend after that conversation, i went to singapore, and continue on with my weekend runs here and there.

now that i’m back, i’m starting to think about what my big bro was trying to get at. the people around me are all either getting married or are already married or planning to get married. even my friends in singapore are tying the knot. i’m suppose he’s afraid that i’ll be left on the shelf.

i have nothing against marriages. i’m happy for all my married friends and to all those who are getting married. but personally, i’m just very jaded when it comes to relationship because i know of so many divorces; plenty of two-timing cheating relationships and countless affairs. personally, i’ve been a victim myself.

so tell me… why shouldn’t i be happily single for now? or perhaps, forever.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home