Wednesday, August 23, 2006

post sentosa x-terrain run

i'm back from the sentosa x-terrain race in singapore and the race was... AWESOME!

19th August :
i reached singapore early saturday morning with a sore throat and cough. my cousin was concern about my cough because it might lead to something serious and she went on and on about some medical stuffs that i couldn't be arsed about. anyways... i told her i was not going to waste her $S25 registration by not completing. plus, she has also bought me brand new outfit for the race - dri-fit top and pants. i had to run, right? so when night arrived, we loaded ourselves with carbo by having yummy meat pasta.

20th August:
race day!! woke up at 5:30am and had breakfast. need all the carbo i can get... all thanks to my cousin. even her hubby who was not running was up that early because he had to drive us to sentosa. the crowd was massive. i reckon there were about 3000 runners. looking at the crowd and 10 mins to flagged off, i suddenly had butterflies in my tummy and felt like puking.
the race began at 7:45am and i started running. the hilly tracks started 300 meters into the race course. i had been training for hilly tracks so i was prepared for it. but the real killer came when i hit the beach. it was only a 2km stretch but i stopped running after probably 100meters and started walking. even walking was tough! and i had to always be cautious with my steps to ensure that i don't fall and sprain my ankles. after the beach stretch, i started running again but my running momentum has been affected by the walk. it has difficult to regain the lost momentum, but i had no choice but to slowly regain it. when i hit the 8km mark, i started to pick up my pace again, and when i reached the final 1km mark, i went all out!

my time is : 1 hour 15 mins 32 sec

my aim was to complete the race within an hour, unfortunately, i had to stop running when i reached the beach. hence, the additional 15 mins. my cousin finished 2 mins after me. anyway, it was a really good run and i look forward to it again next year. this time, i will have to learn how to run on the beach. going home to Penang will be useful this time around.



here'a a post run photo with my cousin and her family and us having brunch after the run.

1 Comments:

Blogger Neo60 said...

congrats on your run! you did great, so did hiang ee. good job and keep running.

6:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home